Theme 5: Eradication and Response
Research in the Eradication and Response theme is aimed at increasing preparedness for responses by developing and applying tools to support robust decision-making, and by delivering effective and acceptable response options.
Current priorities for this B3 theme include the development of:
- Best results from incursion responses for New Zealand; and
- New eradication tools suitable for use in the New Zealand biosecurity system.
Current research in this theme includes:
- New tools for the socially acceptable eradication of cross-sector pests;
- Optimisation of responses to plant pathogens;
- Improved application technologies for eradication;
- Understanding what predisposes to successful eradication; and
- Enhanced aerial application of formulations for eradication.